Last month, Melissa and I created and shared #SheHeals journal challenge. We hadn’t realized how many people were masking real trauma and learning to bury it far within in hopes of it never surfacing. Even during this challenge, we noticed how much we were living with. In our culture, we are pressed to move forward and continue thriving through pain and struggle by silencing our pain or spreading messages like positivity only. What we forget is that our trauma and pain lives within us and in order to reach a higher potential self, we must acknowledge the ugly truths, learn from them, and grow from them.
When we discover layers of ourselves and understand how our experiences connects to our divine purpose, we become intentional about our life choices and become the woman God created us to be.
30 Days of Self Reflection For The New Year is a challenge that reminds us of our higher potential and push us to thrive in 2018. Through reflections of our past experiences and year, we will discover the essential and transformation qualities we need to develop to become whole and fulfilled, to grow and expand. In other words, the key to our journey is self realization.
Here are the 30 journal prompts:
- Have you celebrated your success from this past year? Take the time to make a list of all your accomplishments from this year.
- What lessons from this past year have change who you are as a person?
- In what area of your life have you grown the most this past year? What do you think help you change?
- What have you been complaining about most lately? Is there a way to see that differently? Is there a way to express gratitude?
- What does “I am enough” mean to you?
- Who’s a mirror reflection of you? A person that teaches you about yourself at the core. What have this person taught you about yourself?
- What do you believe you deserve in life? Why? Are you being intentional about your choices to give yourself the life you deserve?
- The hardest person to forgive is yourself. What are some of your regrets, mistakes, missed opportunities? What do you need to forgive yourself for?
- What role does faith play in your spiritual growth?
- Finish the sentence. I am becoming….
- What flaws and insecurities have learned to embrace this year? How does it feel to look in the mirror and love it?
- What have you learned about yourself by exploring your feelings and thoughts about vulnerability? How has vulnerability change your connections with people?
- “how you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” What does this quote mean to you? How are you teaching people to love you?
- Describe the right person for you. What would you need from your partner? How can you become the partner you need?
- Write a letter to your future self. Give yourself advice, compassion, and grace.
- Write down the name of each person in your family. Now, reflect on their love language and ways you can speak to them in their love language that is nurturing and uplifting.
- How do we build a sisterhood that pushes us beyond our limits, hold us accountable, and accept us for who we are in that moment? Who do YOU have to be to cultivate this type of sisterhood?
- Write about your preferred method of communication. Have you been receiving this type of communication from others? How can you ensure you receive the communication you need?
- We hope and strive for more patience – what does that mean? An ability to be content waiting? The ability to be less stress and angry when things don’t go as planned? What does being patient mean to you?
- Describe a moment from this year where you extend grace to yourself. How did it make you feel? How can you continue to extend grace to yourself in 2018?
- What qualities allow you to live a more authentic lifestyle and bloom into the woman you want to be?
- The most important masterpiece you’ll ever create is your life. What does your masterpiece look and feel like?
- Who can you help today? How can you use your wisdom to inspire others to create a life they truly love living?
- Create a personal growth plan for 2018. What are you hoping to change about yourself? Why are these changes important for your growth?
- Who’s your tribe? What kind of support do they provide? How do they compliment you?
- What is your love message to yourself?
- What area of your life do you want to be intentional in and how will it change you for the better?
- How has your hustle change throughout this year? What will your hustle be like in 2018?
- What new skills do you want to learn, improve, or master in 2018?
- Choose one word for 2018. Explain the reason for focusing on this word in 2018.
Feel free to tag me in your journal responses and share your stories. You can tag me on Instagram or twitter (tamekachristmas) or simply use the hashtag #HigherSelf2018.
Be light. Be love. Be graceful.